Is Reading Assistant making your students repeat certain words over and over, only to cause massive frustration? Here’s the solution:
- Go to your myscilearn account.
- Click Manage.
- Go to your school, then your class.
- Click on one of your students to go into the account.
- Go to Assignments/Reading Assistant.
- Click on Edit.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Go to Speech Recognition Settings/Pronunciation Correctness.
- Set the scale to whatever you wish, but 25 might be a good place to start. It is currently set at 50. This gives the computer a little more leeway when “hearing” your student read.
- Click Save.
Adjust down further, if needed, once you try the student out at that setting.
It takes about 30 seconds per student to do these adjustments, once you get the hang of it.
This has helped in my classroom–I hope you find it helpful, too.