Skip to content
If you visit my classroom, this is what you will see…
- the current learning goals and what activities the students will be working on that day
- students working on computers. They are used every single day!
- students working in small groups
- a book shelf packed with books of many different reading levels. Students may check them out at any time. I have many types of books including Goosebumps, Michigan/American Chillers, Harry Potter, and more. Students select from these for their Book Boxes.
- boxes of leveled non-fiction and fiction books for the students to put in their Book Boxes for take-home reading.
- motivational charts for students to post how many books they’ve read this year so far
- white boards and markers for individual work.
- live plants making oxygen to keep our classroom air clean and make the place look great!
- two containers with marbles, and one is labeled “Party”. Students earn classroom parties for being brave and volunteering answers, working hard, helping others, and trying their best. I put marbles in the party jar for all sorts of wonderful things. When the party jar is full, it’s party time!
- students actively engaged in learning, making their own goals, putting stickers on charts when skills are accomplished, helping each other, and achieving great things!